FAMILY GROUP DECISION MAKING
Family Group Decision Making (FGDM) is a meeting involving immediate family, supports, community members, and/or service providers to find solutions to help families through major transitions. FGDM draws on family experience, knowledge, and resources and focuses on the strengths of a family to address an extensive range of circumstances. Through the FGDM process, families are empowered to be the decision makers in creating realistic plans to address their needs.
FGDM is a Free and Voluntary service available to ALL families in Elk County.
- A clear purpose needs to be established before arranging a meeting/making a referral.
- Meetings are held at a neutral location.
- Families work with the FGDM Coordinator to explore who to have in attendance.
- There is no cost to participating families.
- FGDM Coordinator will assist the family in finding options for childcare and transportation if necessary.
For more information or to make a referral, please contact Pam Brunelli, Family Group Decision Making Coordinator at (814) 772-3838 or email@example.com.